The Youth Education and Transition Services (YETs) Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the Deaf Action Center’s new Youth Program, and transition employment transition program. Director of Youth Programs is part of the organization’s management team. S/he will report directly to the Executive Director, with certain administrative reporting to the Board of Directors, and s/he supervised staff, volunteers and interns for the program.
Responsibilities of the Coordinator (as they related to the organization’s major goals) include, but are not limited to:
Goals: Educating Youth and Encouraging Youth Employment
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring progress toward short- and long-term education and youth employment program strategy and goals.
- Supervising, setting goals with and for, and reviewing the performance of program staff dedicated to youth education and youth employment.
- Overseeing the coordination, creation, development, production, updating, and distribution of all Deaf Action Center’s education and youth employment tools, including curricula, videos, public education campaigns, toolkits handouts, and web-based resources.
- Cultivating collaborative relationships to further the reach and impact of Deaf Action Center’s youth-focused programs.
- Overseeing in-person the coordination of youth education and youth activism activities, including monitoring their goals and efficacy.
Goals: Meeting Our Budget, Maintaining Our Budget, and Preserving the Institution
- Working collaboratively with development department staff to support fundraising, media, and communications efforts that further program goals.
- Participating in writing program budgets and budgets for special projects and grants.
- Managing expense budgets for program efforts.
- Serving as a public representative of the organization and expert on the issue of teen education and employment.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as requested by the Executive Director and Board.
- Actively reinforcing organizational culture and agreements.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s Deaf education or relevant field strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in nonprofit program development, implementation, and management.
- Knowledge and experience in issues related to deaf and hard of hearing youth and the law.
- Knowledge and experience on issues related to socio and racial intersectionality of deaf and hard of hearing youth.
- Knowledge of the use of emerging technologies in nonprofit service delivery strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to accountability, measuring outcomes, and a results-oriented culture.
- Strong written and native ASL communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervision, administration, and management skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to work with diverse and marginalized groups of people.
- Sound judgment, professionalism, and a positive attitude.
Deaf Action Center is an equal opportunity employer. Interested applicants should submit cover letters, resume, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 3110 Cedar Plaza Lane, Dallas, TX 75235 with the subject line: YETs Coordinator Resume/Applicant.