Volunteers, quite literally, do much of our heavy lifting. From fundraising to administration, clerical, senior citizens activities, and more, volunteers are essential to many of our most successful programs. In fact, most of them are provided entirely by dedicated individuals and organizations sharing their time and talents.
We have a wide range of volunteer opportunities for individuals or groups. Your gift of service is greatly appreciated by both clients and staff.
- Senior Program
- Maintenance Assistant
- Nutrition/Health Education for Seniors
- Crafts & Events Coordinator
- Landscaping and helping our maintenance staff cleaning the facility.
- Preserve DAC’s history via ASL; video logs for various departments.
- Establish, develop and lead a monthly nutrition/emergency preparedness presentation for our senior citizens.
- Clerical Opportunities
- Front Desk Assistant
- General Clerical
- Project Assistant
- Help the front desk by answering phone calls and transferring them to the correct department. Sign in consumers and notify the correct employee their consumer has arrived.
- Assist with shredding documents, cleaning clutter, filing and organizing documents.
- Work with the different departments on special projects that they have such as PowerPoint Presentations, Newsletters, Doing Research, etc.
Process of becoming a volunteer:
- Fill out volunteer application
- DAC will contact you for consent to perform a criminal background check
- You’re ready to go!